Posted by Nicole
By Lucy Halverson
Lyman County Achievement Days will be held Tuesday, August 1 and Wednesday, August 2 at Kennebec.
All indoor 4-H and open class exhibits will be entered from 4 –6 p.m. at the Kennebec gym. Interview judging will be held at that time. A rocket launch is scheduled for 3 p.m. near the 4-H arena.
The animal and livestock shows will be Wednesday starting with the dog show at 9:30 a.m. followed by the poultry, cat, and rabbit show. The gym opens at 10 a.m. for public viewing. Beef cattle and sheep weigh in is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. followed first by the sheep show at 1:30 p.m. and then the beef show and showmanship competition. The Lyman County 4-H Shooting Sports Club will offer a BB gun shooting at novelty targets for youth 8 and older, with parental permission.
A barbecue sponsored by BankWest and BankWest Insurance and Prime Cowbelles, prepared and served by the American Legion and Auxiliary will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the lunchroom. Farm Credit Services of Pierre will sponsor a watermelon feed.
The garden, baked goods, livestock and premium sale will start at 7 p.m. at the arena. Indoor exhibits may be removed from the gym at 8 p.m.
- Concrete pour to start at elevator next week
- Homecoming set for Friday, October 9th
- Volunteers help make XC meet a success
- City-wide clean up set for Saturday, Sept. 26
- Rail being pedaled out
- Council votes to advertise for City Bar and liquor license bids with two options
- Presho City Bar remains closed
- Enrollment down at Lyman
- Woking over the edge
- Pheasant numbers continue to improve in 2015
- Back to school
- New staff members join Lyman District