NewsJune 20 2012
Flags adorned Kennebec Main Street Thursday, June 14 in honor of Flag Day, the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. And, in 1949, President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.
In Kennebec, American Legion member Jim Sundall and his wife Carol are normally in charge of displaying the flags but this year due to their absence, Charlie Bowar and his wife Gloria positioned the 17 flags along Main Street early Thursday morning. The flags used for the display are memorial flags donated back to the Legion.
- Get ready to Scavenge
- Mowing of the state right-of- way
- Incumbants win three seat on Lyman School Board
- New diner opens in Vivian
- Flea market part of Scavenger’s Journey
- Kennebec Town Board kills proposed livestock control ordinance
- Deputy Abrahamson completes training
- Swimming lessons begin June 10th
- Dedication and generosity recognized
- Museum opens for the summer season
- Friends, classmates graduate